Monday, June 25, 2007

Happenings

A lot has been going on since I last blogged. We had to re-finance the house so that we could fix it up and get things up to code, like our plumbing, and our wiring,( which is a fire waiting to happen!!) So, we are here for the next 30 years, which I really did not want to do, but with my youngest step-daughter living so close with the grandbaby, and they are up here everyday, we thought it best to stay put. Besides, the baby's mom has decided to homeschool her when it comes time, but I suspect that I will be the one doing the homeschooling, as mom is ADHD, and has a reading disability.

As for other news, we are getting ready to go on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and I still have a lot to do, although I have gotten a lot done it seems like. I hadn't been to the Dentist in like 12 years, so I went and over a period of 2 weeks time I have gotten ALL of my dental work done, including a root canal retreatment. I finished up today with a cleaning! Tomorrow, I take the car and get it serviced so that it will be good for the vacation. And, I have had to get hearing aids, so I am still getting used to those!
And, bright and early Saturday morning we leave for Arkansas for 1 week, and then to the Missouri side of the Lake of the Ozarks for the 2nd week. I'll try to write about it when we get back.

No comments: