Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's HOT

Our temperature here is supposed to hit 104 with a heat index of 115 today!! That's HOT, and I don't like the humidity.

Just read Candi's blog from www.keepingthehome.com. Very interesting if you are a christian, which I hope a lot of us are. I have been a member of the Episcopal Church for 4and 1/2 years, and frankly I am getting tired of their liberal views and the direction in which the denomination is going. If any one has not been keeping up with it, our General Convention was last month, and they voted in a very liberal woman to be our next presiding Bishop. She is all for the blessing of same sex unions and for ordaining active homosexuals into the ministy. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS!! I have taken Candi's suggestion about reading the KJV of the Bible. I don't always get to read every day, but when I do read it, I read several chapters at a time. It is so much better than any of the other versions, although my husband prefers the NIV. I wish I could get him to go to another church, but he likes the liturgy and recieving communion every Sunday. I have told him we could go to a Catholic Church, but lately I have been wanting to go back to a conservate Baptist church, or just not go to church at all. I am beginning to not like organized religion. They all have some kind of problem to deal with, and can't seem to just trust in God's word and let the Lord direct them anymore. It is very frustrating, to say the least!!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hi Rose!
I hopped over here from Candy's blog after reading a comment you left regarding one of her "Catholic Debunking" posts. I don't often read her blog anymore because of her distorted views on the Catholic Church.

I also went to the Episcopal Church before I converted, but like you did not agree with their unbibical stance on homosexuals and women's ordination. I was raised Southern Baptist and converted to Catholicism almost eight years ago. I did this on my own and at great risk of my family disowning me. Luckily my family has not disowned me, but certain family members do use other tactics to let me know exactly what they think.

I urge you to read some articles from catholic.com (look in the left-hand column) and scripturecatholic.com or feel free to come to my blog and ask me any questions. I am really just getting my blog started, but I would love for you to visit.

Unfortunately it sounds like Candy's husband was poorly educated in the Catholic Faith. That's something that seems to have been really common among a lot of Catholics growing up in the 60's and 70's. After Vatican II I think a lot of Catholic Churches got lax in their teachings. It's getting better now, there has been a real resurgence in othodoxy in a lot of parishes. Last year there were a billion converts to the Catholic Faith!

Former protestants like Scott Hahn, Marcus Grodi, Mark Shea, Patrick Madrid, and many others I can't think of right now have really re-energized a lot of Catholics about what the Church really teaches and how everything the Church teaches is biblical. There is nothing in the Catholic faith that contradicts scripture. I hope that you will prayerfully consider returning to the Catholic Church. I will be praying for you!

God Bless!
Amelia Parker

P.S. Please do come by my blog and ask any questions you are having trouble with! Peace be with you!