Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's HOT

Our temperature here is supposed to hit 104 with a heat index of 115 today!! That's HOT, and I don't like the humidity.

Just read Candi's blog from www.keepingthehome.com. Very interesting if you are a christian, which I hope a lot of us are. I have been a member of the Episcopal Church for 4and 1/2 years, and frankly I am getting tired of their liberal views and the direction in which the denomination is going. If any one has not been keeping up with it, our General Convention was last month, and they voted in a very liberal woman to be our next presiding Bishop. She is all for the blessing of same sex unions and for ordaining active homosexuals into the ministy. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS!! I have taken Candi's suggestion about reading the KJV of the Bible. I don't always get to read every day, but when I do read it, I read several chapters at a time. It is so much better than any of the other versions, although my husband prefers the NIV. I wish I could get him to go to another church, but he likes the liturgy and recieving communion every Sunday. I have told him we could go to a Catholic Church, but lately I have been wanting to go back to a conservate Baptist church, or just not go to church at all. I am beginning to not like organized religion. They all have some kind of problem to deal with, and can't seem to just trust in God's word and let the Lord direct them anymore. It is very frustrating, to say the least!!

No comments: