Monday, September 15, 2008

My Afternoon at the Doctor's Office

Allow me to start at the beginning, about a week ago, the calf of my right leg started hurting. I didn't think much of it, until the back of my left leg started to hurt late last week. Then today the pain in my right leg felt like it was moving up. So I decided to go get it checked out, thinking that I may have a blood clot. So, I called this morning, and they had me come in this afternoon for a blood draw. It came back positive for something in my leg, so I went downstairs to have a doppler done on both legs. The Lady doing the test did NOT see any clots anywhere, although she did say that if one was just starting to form, that she would not be able to see it anyway.

After that, I went back upstairs to see the Doctor so we could figure out what is going on. He asked me about the doppler, and what was said, so I told him. I told him how my leg was hurting, as if the muscles have tightened up and don't want to relax. So then I asked him about my potassium level, and if that should be checked, so back to the lab I went for another blood draw to check on my potassium.

I go back to see the doctor next week for those results! From start to finish, I was there a total of 4 hours! Not at all fun!

No comments: